Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bringing Love Home {Part 2}

Continuing our journey....

I drove a very different way home that avoided $45.00 worth of tolls (true horror story) and was so much prettier....{West Virginia, we are officially in love}...and with under two hours of sleep apiece, we programmed the GPS on a course to America's largest antique mall, Heart of Ohio Antiques. We made it there with only two hours to look around. SO NOT ENOUGH. The first picture is one side of the first hallway. Basically, take this picture, times ten, and you get the idea of the size and scope of this mall.

You can't even see the end of the hallway...it's that long!
Now, we maybe stopped at only a handful of booths in the mall. There just wasn't enough time. It was quite busy, and we also had a more than a few people stop and thank the sweet hubby for his service (which, by the way, is so incredibly cute and sweet every time it happens), so we just kind of breezed our way through it. I tried to take a few pic of the booths that did catch my eye.


I LOVED the way this dealer made her a booth a rainbow experience!
We did find a couple of resale items, most notably this great set of cuddlecloth barkcloth drapes!


And, before we exited, we stopped for a sweet photo (not so sweet of me). This is what less than two hours of sleep and a fifteen+ hour car ride will do to homegirl....


Hubby {looks great}...... Wife {not so much}..... We pulled into our driveway at 12:30 am. We left Virginia at 6:10 am. LONG day. LONG drive. BIG antique mall. LOTS of love.

2 comments:

  1. What a great place to stop, but I don't think I could have torn myself away after only 2 hours. We go to Louisville quite a bit, what part of Ohio is this wonder place? Maybe we can take a road trip there the next time we fly to Kentucky!

    Glad you're all home safe - at least I think you're home safe now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sweet Bee Cottage I would definitely recommend it....it is in the middle of the state in a town called Springfield. You would need all day!

    ReplyDelete