Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Bringing Love Home {Part 1}

On the 17th I drove my soldier home for Christmas! What a ride....seven states we visited on the fifteen hour car ride. We saw some of the most scenic beauty this country has on the east coast. Our mountain ride started in Virginia with this spectacular scene:


And as we drove through Virginia it just kept getting more spectacular. We took a bit of a detour through a little mountain town named Longdale, VA, and happened on a beautiful bed & breakfast home called the Firmstone Manor.


The sweet hubby was in full soldier gear when he knocked on the door for directions, and I think the lady of the house was a little surprised to see a soldier on her porch. But she was so nice and pointed us in the direction of the nearest gas station, and then kindly invited us inside for a look around the manor. The house is to-die-for inside. I didn't even think to take some photos of the inside, but here are a couple borrowed from their website.



The mansion is huge! And decorated to the hilt in period furniture and decor. We were amazed!

If you would like to visit a B&B in Virginia I highly recommend this lovely home.

http://www.firmstonemanor.com

 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog. Makes me wish I had one, but then again I don't have all the lovely things and stories to post like you do...until then I'll just read yours. Miss you chunkster. :)

    ReplyDelete