Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Style Crisis

I got a fabulous new cabinet last week. I should say that the sweet hubby pushed me into getting it....

But I kinda don't mind, because it really is fabulous....


It's got perfectly crackled 80 year old paint and the curved glass sides are unbroken. We couldn't resist.
I mean, not that I really had a place to put it. Because I didn't. I REALLY didn't. And I hate that feeling when you find the perfect piece and just don't know where you will put it. And I hemmed and hawed about this one in particular, so the hubby made the executive decision and went for it.

Here's the problem: I'm trying to go through a style makeover of sorts right now. I LOVE all the retroey-chic-aqua-mustard yellow-geometric printed stuff right now. You know, that modern-country look. And this cabinet SCREAMS shabby chic. It bleeds it.

If I could have two houses one would be straight out of Ashwell's shabby chic book. And the other would be modern-country heaven. But I don't have two houses. I have one 950 square foot small-roomed cottage. Sorta cute, but cramped. And sorta cluttered. But here we are, with this cabinet, in this house, with a decorating style conundrum.

Am I just going through a phase with this modern-country look? I don't even know what to call that look really.... like these prints:

Orla Kiely wallpaper
And then I found this awesome damask couch and wallpaper combo....

But then I thought....that cabinet goes with those two pictures perfectly.

Maybe I don't have a style problem after all.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment