The East Troy Railroad is a historic electric railroad. You can find out more about it here:
http://www.easttroyrr.org/
Many of the train cars they run are in the process of restoration, or have been fully restored. It is a very neat experience for children. The trains run from the station and take a 15 minute trip down the line to a cute apple orchard/store/pumpkin patch called The Elegant Farmer. All I can say is YUM!
| This boy adores his Grandpa! |
![]() |
| Every time the conductor would blow the whistle he would do this |
| Mommy bought a smiley cookie for the way back |
The train cars are generally from the 1920's and are so neat inside. All original or restored woodwork and the vintage advertising that we all love. Some of them have velvet seats and of course the old hardware and lighting. They also do dinner train rides, which I think the hubby and I will have to do. Very neat!
| This sign was inside the depot. It reminds me of what I am looking forward to....MY soldier coming home! |

0 comments:
Post a Comment