My day today was filled with nothing but waiting. Waiting for AT&T to come and fix my land-line phone.
Backtrack two weeks ago when we first ordered the phone to be installed....back when things seemed so simple. It was promised and "installed" by last Tuesday. On Wednesday, the hubby called and I informed him of the number and instructed him to call it ONLY ON SUNDAYS. These were very specific instructions, because that is the only day we will be home all day for sure. Any other day he is to call the cell phone. Easy, right? (This is also more complicated due to the cell phone reception we get in our house... which is fair at best, hence the need for a land line so we wouldn't miss or drop our precious calls) Here's where it really gets complicated:
The land line phone is not working. It hasn't been from day one. I figured this out a few short hours after I told the hubby the number. So I called AT&T for a service call.... Really, AT&T? The soonest you can be here is in 6 days, and you give me a 12 hour window? No, appointments cannot be given. Wow. And they did come, but I was at the Navy base getting my ID. And they needed to get into the house. Great. So I made another appointment for today. Meanwhile, they have been forwarding any calls to my cell phone. Good idea, in theory, if the hubby uses his calling card. If he calls collect it will not go through as per T-Mobile's rules. Thanks, T-Mobile.
So today, they are supposed to come anytime between 8am and 8pm. And I stayed home ALL DAY to make sure I wouldn't miss them. At 6:15pm I received an automated call informing me that our "appointment" was rescheduled to tomorrow anytime between 8am and 5pm. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! We have plans ALL DAY tomorrow. But, per the friendly associate, they will most likely come in the morning as the previous days missed appointments are done first.
I had a mini-meltdown on the phone and when I hung up. I am beginning to really feel the stress of not hearing from my husband for almost a week and a half. This too shall pass, right?
AT&T, once this nightmare of training/separation is over with, we are too. You are officially not my favorite phone service provider.
0 comments:
Post a Comment