Sunday, August 21, 2011

Summer's Roadside Flowers

Mr. Vaughan took me purse shopping today. I really only get one or two purses a year. They are like shoes to me...once one wears out it's time to replace it. My old one was bought in the early spring and was a super-steal Old Navy ruffled lovely. I still love it, but the closure is shot and it was starting to look, well.....ratty?

Sometimes you just have to go after what you love. Here's my fall splurge:

Vera Bradley Alice in the "Happy Snails" pattern


Snails!
On the way there I spotted a roadside produce/flower stand...in kind of a questionable area. The big yellow sunflowers caught my eye and I asked Mr. Vaughan if we could stop on the way back.

The lady manning the stand was so excited we stopped and said we were her 1st customers of the day (at 2:00 pm?!) Yikes! I felt so bad for her. At least it was a very nice day with a good breeze. We bought two bunches of farm flowers....

One for me
And one for Elly
I love hers more. I found a huge stack of galvanized buckets at the thrift store this week. Perfect!

0 comments:

Post a Comment