Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Coastal Surf

Don't let that blog title fool you.

Let me begin by saying I was up until 4 a.m. this morning painting a forlorn looking Victorian castoff desk. Four hours of painting into the wee hours. Getting that paint into my fingernails, on my new capris (yeah, not the smartest choice of painting attire), and who else knows where. Around our house Mr. Vaughan usually paints everything. And I usually find it everywhere. The floor, the bedspread, his prized safe.....don't get me going.

Anywho, let me back up this story by telling you about my love affair with paint swatches...maybe paint colors in general. When I find a paint color that works well, we are in lust for life. About 6 years ago I found a cream color at Walmart {of all places} that is called "Cream & Sugar". That creamy-white paint adorns many doors, trims and furniture pieces here at Vaughan Cottage. I have the formula on a sticker that resides in my wallet full-time. By the time I am like 60 my wallet will be stuffed with paint formulas.

And so we begin the love affair with "Coastal Surf".

Be still my heart.....  

A couple of months ago I went from trying to find the perfect PINK for the bedroom ( no less than 6 paint swatches on the bedroom wall without a winner....) to resigning myself to second best blue. Coastal Surf was tied with another blue, but I was unsure about the green hues in it, so we went with the other choice. But I maintained a love affair with this color. I kept it in the house and would bring it out from time to time thinking what I could paint with it.

Enter the Victorian cast-off desk. Perfect choice. I wish I had a before photo of it. It was painted Hunter Green. Yuck. Coastal Surf seemed like it would be a neat choice. $31 for a gallon of primer-paint and off we went.

Umm....Uh-Oh...I am not sure about this color AT ALL

I think I like it better on the card and in the paint tray.
Curses!
Maybe "Arctic Ocean" would have been better.... or really any other color on this card. Ugh!
This piece is destined for the antique mall booth. And now I sit and debate on painting it again.

Coastal Surf...we are officially OVER!

0 comments:

Post a Comment