We anticipate moving within the next 60 days. {GULP}
When you spend 11 years at one house and you love vintage stuff you tend to get collections going. Our current challenge is figuring out where everything will go.
In example: This cabinet full of pottery. It currently holds the TV.
And this is the future living room (before new paint/cleaning/etc):
Sooo...you could hang the TV over the fireplace? Maybe? Then how do you plug it in without the cords looking all out of place? And, I read recently in a decorator magazine that it is tacky to hang the TV over a fireplace because "it's not a work of art..." Oh dear.
{BTW, I fully intend on replacing the fireplace surround at my own cost, or removing it all together. The 90's gold look is not my style. Maybe a brushed nickel one?}
I can't think of any other setup than to have the couch facing the fireplace, but then what to do with the TV? I can't place that cabinet on the left wall over the only heating vent in the living room. And, I don't want to block the windows. Oh I don't know.... I guess I could live without the cabinet of pottery. But it still leaves the TV.
Anyway...this is why I collect vintage pottery....
You can use it for your pretty bulbs!



First of all, I love the living room! Such great architectural details. Unfortunately, they're hard to work around when trying to decorate. I'll put my two cents in: Since I'm not a fan of the TV over the fireplace, I would find a table (or old cabinet) with legs to put the TV on, and place it in front of the wall with the heating vent. As long as it's tall enough, it won't block the vent. I would put all of that great pottery on the fireplace shelves and on the mantel. Your collection is just beautiful! What a great house!
ReplyDeleteLove the white cabinet filled with pottery. You definitly have to find a place for that! Also love the McCoy planter with daffodils. I am going to have to do that!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the new digs when you are finished with it.
i've always worried about putting your tv over the fire place, and then using the fire. wouldn't it be too hot? maybe i'm just crazy. i love the built ins on the sides though. very nice.
ReplyDelete