Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Not gonna jinx it...but...

We might be moving soon!

To this cute little 1940's brick bungalow!



A little backstory first:

We have been homeowners for 11 years. The same home for 11 years. We bought the house when we were newlyweds. No child. No vintage-hoarding-obsession-business.

We have outgrown our little cottage. Very much so.

This new (to us) little bungalow is owned by my hubby's civilian employers. The house is situated on the same land the business resides on, just off to the side. (It is not on the same street, and we won't be bothered by the comings and goings of the business.)They have just started the clean-out and remodel process and will be redoing most of the interior first, and a majority of the exterior. When (and if) we move in the following will be done:

New windows/siding/roof/driveway/walkways
Kitchen remodel to include new counters, new flooring, sink, faucet and appliances
Bathroom remodel (gutting!)
New paint/ceiling sanding throughout
Removal of any existing carpet (to reveal the original hardwood floors underneath!)
Basement cleaning/sealing/painting

There are way too many upsides to this idea versus our current living situation. Below is a short list.

More living space
More (proper) storage space
Ease of parking cars in driveway
Quiet street
Clean and grass-filled yard for our child
Nice neighborhood
Ability to have a garage sale every year (current house is situated on a four lane busy street with no street parking)
Husband will be able to walk to work (back door of work is a mere 40 feet from our backyard)
Ability to have parties (current house has no street parking or dining room or adequate space)
Landlords are very nice guys who my husband has worked for 9+ years 
Reduction in overall living expenses/utilities
And who could resist a newly remodeled living space??!!

I am trying to stay positive and hope this all works out and we will be able to move within the next 2-3 months. I would say we are 90% for sure this will happen!!!

I have taken some before pictures of the interior and will be hopefully posting the before/after pics. In preparation I have of course started a pinterest board for my kitchen ideas. I figured the kitchen is the best place to start, mostly because my turquoise mixer is due to get off layaway just about the time we might move in. Perfect timing!

Here is the "before"kitchen pic:


They are keeping the original charming details like the cabinets with old hardware and this cute spice cabinet!

Ohh..I have some spices for this all right!
Check out my pinterest board too!

This is going to be sooo much fun. I can't wait for the fresh start!

1 comment: