Sunday, April 29, 2012

Family Ties

Yesterday was my birthday extravaganza. Yahoooo!

First stop was the Gurnee Antique Center. They were having a great spring sale, and the place was packed. I picked up a nice Texas Ware confetti mixing bowl and some other goodies. I love the new mixing bowl because it is such a pretty aqua confetti color. 


Second stop was Hauserman's Orchids. It is a HUGE orchid farm in Illinois. Orchid farm in IL?! Yeah. Weird, but too cool. The sweet hubbys moms-cousins-daughter married the owner's son a few years ago. From what I hear they used orchids extensively at the wedding. I guess that would be a no-brainer.
 


The "mini orchid" area
 It's just like a little slice of paradise in the chilly spring weather. And I was in HEAVEN! The hubby told me this would be my dream part-time job. I agree. If only it were closer to our house!




Just rows and rows of beauty!



The big one was my birthday gift from the sweet hubby, and the little one was given to the SMIL.

After the orchids we met up with the fam at Buca di Beppo for a nice dinner. This is totally our new spot. Olive Garden has been replaced.

Sisters!
 I really had a great day. Lots of antiques. Lots of flowers. Lots of laughs. Lots of food!






1 comment:

  1. So beautiful Chunk! Wish I could have been there with you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete