Thursday, November 17, 2011

I have the THRIFTING EYE

 Do you have the thrifting eye? The type that can spot what things are upside down, covered in candle wax, dirty with 20 years of dust and otherwise unrecognizable?

I do.

I'm excited to let you all know that this week has been a BANNER thrifting week. Who knew? You would think that with the spring/summer cleaning done that the finds would taper off, but they have actually gotten better! I found something good (really good!) every day. On Monday I found a antique baby plate, on Tuesday I found a butterfly quilt top, on Wednesday I found a whole mess of mantique items and today I found these:

Can you see the gem in this bag?


The above pic was taken as the bag was found at the store. The Salvation Army has a interesting way of placing a bunch of nice breakables haphazardly into bags. Usually at least a few items get broken in the bag.

Maybe this pic will help you better...


See that kitty eye gazing up at you?! It's a pair of HOLT HOWARD KITTY SHAKERS! And they are the squeaker box ones! Yippeeeee! Also in the bag was a Goebel cat figurine and a vintage cat bank. This must've been the cat collection.

Also found:

Awesome Rococo Mirror...I'm thinking it would be great in that trendy aqua blue color...

Huge Gurley Santa candle in box!
I can't wait until next week's thirfting adventures. You never know what you'll find....!!!

1 comment:

  1. that mirror is to die for! arrrghhh! of course you know i would prob leave it go gold or go red...but i could see you going white or teal with it. lovely find!

    ReplyDelete