I used to think this blog was going to be an outlet to show my vintage wares and how they relate to our family and life. I wanted a following. I wanted to be like all of those other big bloggers who cultivated fans and got paid advertising and reviewed nifty gadgets. I wanted people to like my writing and be interested in what I had to say.
I think I got it all wrong.
This blog is mine. My writings are my own. They are my thoughts. I am tired of conforming my thoughts to fit a mold. To be liked. To feel like I fit in.
I want to post about how military life has affected our family and how it has changed me as a person. I want to talk about how I feel about my shortcomings without fearing I will loose one of my meager followers, who no doubt followed because I was mainly blogging about vintage finds. I want to talk about new friends without fearing I will loose my old ones. I want to be open and honest, without fear of judgement.
I apologize, if in the next few months (or even years) this blog becomes something else than what you expected. Truth is, I'm starting to write about what is important to me. And right now, that's my family, friends, and how I view MY world and myself. This is not to say I won't continue to post about vintage items, because I will. I just won't make it my focus on here anymore.
I feel like my life is changing in ways I can't fully comprehend. I am at the same time excited and terrified at this prospect.
Will you join me on this journey?
I hope you do.
I'd love to have you come.
0 comments:
Post a Comment