Saturday, May 5, 2012

Estate Sale Ads

We stopped at an "estate sale" today. Ya know, cause the ad said estate sale. And we drove over 25 minutes to get there.

Upon entering the first clue that this was not an estate sale was the 10+ extended family members lounging around the kitchen. And blocking the entry to that portion of the house. Then, there are kids toys for sale in one of the bedrooms. And not vintage kids toys, either.

I just can't stand when people mislead you so horribly in their ads. This was a glorified moving sale. I didn't buy anything, and wasted my time. I get the whole theory that if you list it as an estate sale that more people will come. {BUT} It makes me so darn unhappy when they do this. 

On the upside: We stopped at an antique mall on the way home and found a net lace bedspread and curtain set. So at least it wasn't a completely wasted trip. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. This has happened to me many times too and it is very frustrating! Especially when you drive a long way to get there!

    ReplyDelete