Friday, May 18, 2012

Coffee Can Surprise

Mr. Vaughan bought this neat vintage coffee can a couple of weeks ago. It has languished in our house since then, sitting and waiting it's turn to find a new home.

It was brought out a couple of days ago for photos. As part of taking photos/noting for descriptions it is a practice to at least take a look inside to check for rust, problems, money... =)


This little unassuming tin coffee can from the 1940's had a surprise inside. And it kinda took my breath away.


At first it looked like a little old lady (this is an assumption, a romanticized one, for it could have been a crabby old man) placed a wax paper sack of dried marigolds inside.


Too bad for me.....I dislike marigolds. Very much so.

Anyway, when the paper sack was removed there was a surprise underneath.


Voila! Old seed packets! And not just ANY old seed packets..... VAUGHAN'S SEEDS!

(You have no idea how many people try to spell our name Vaughn)


These are still partially full. I SO want to try to grow the red morning glories. But I know seeds have an expiration and these packets were "Packed for 1948". As it it too late for seedlings this year, I suppose next year will suffice. Eh, what's another year after they have been waiting 64 years in an old coffee can?

1 comment:

  1. So cool that you found that treasure!! With the same last name even. It was meant for you.

    ReplyDelete