One thrift produced all of these mugs yesterday.
Up until recently I did not know that some mugs were so collectible. I guess there is a collector for everything, but it seems that I REALLY underestimated these. When other bloggers were talking about mugs being their "bread and butter" it really made me think. And look. And learn.
Farside Mugs routinely sell for $10.00+
Snoopy Fire King Mugs sell for about $20.00+
Prozac Mugs... $20.00+
Kliban Mugs....$15.00+
The only mystery in this lot is the United Express Mugs. United mugs usually sell for $10.00+....usually.
Now the mugs section is never overlooked while thrifting. Kinda makes me sick that I had no idea. My mug knowledge is limited and just beginning at this point, so I can't imagine how many other mugs are out there that are so collectible. So many mugs, so little time....
Anyway, I read a blog post recently by a kinda slightly upscale thrifter that lives in California. I routinely read her blog and she gives great info on mid century modern items that she finds and collects.
And sells.
For a lot of money.
She said that she is going to start looking past a $10.00 price point, stop buying things like MUGS and go for more higher priced items. I don't know about you, but I can count on one hand the amount of Danish/MCM/Finnish finds I have found while thrifting. The Midwest just doesn't seem to be the place to find it. The demographic is all wrong. We don't have a lot of MCM type houses that were constructed around here, hence the lack of interior coordinating housewares. The West Coast is much more the place to find it.
How is your area for that type of ware?
I can't overlook mugs or items that have a $10.00 price point. Not in this area. It is a rare day that you find an item worth $100.00+....It's the little things that add up.
Anyway, just beware....if you intend on sneaking over and stealing our mug hoard....beware of this sleeping beast outside the thrifting room. She'll eat you up.
Umm..not really...at all. =)
The last picture shows the amount of interest she had in having her picture taken.
Who knew?! Though...I am pretty fond of mugs myself. ;)
ReplyDelete