Saturday, March 10, 2012

Caught ya! Vintage my arse....



I picked up this new magazine yesterday while breezing through the local Kmart. I was drawn to the fabulous curtains on the front. Yep. Those smashing curtains. They may look a bit familiar....

Remember this post?

Ahh.... caught ya "Vintage Style" Magazine! They are advertising how to "make" these curtains on their cover and inside the mag. They even describe the hankies on them as "vintage." First, my duvet is not vintage at all. It was probably made about six to eight years ago. Second, the "hankies" on the duvet are oversized, you can't even find vintage hankies this size.

My theory is this: they made the same duvet into curtains or the duvet originally came with matching curtains, although I find this unlikely as I doubt you would want the curtains and the duvet to match exactly. I carefully checked the hanky placement on their curtains and the same patterns are in the same place as my duvet, so there is no doubt they are telling some fibs in this "how to."

I guess I am not surprised, as I figured these mags do this sort of this all the time, but I am a bit disappointed too. The magazine was a bit pricey at $9.95. I would hope they would come up with some of their own original ideas in the future. With that said, I did enjoy it, but it would have to be super in the future to pay that much. I bought it more for show and tell than anything.

Now, let me go and contemplate cutting my duvet into curtains.....

2 comments:

  1. Here is the house where those photos were taken: http://www.jollygoodegal.com/2011/03/cottage-style-in-house.html She never did get any sort of credit for being on that magazine cover. Not very fair if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her house is adorable! It's my dream come true. And it is really crappy they didn't give her the most deserved credit. But she seems very gracious about it.

      It puts a new spin on my blog post..... now they really look shady! That's too bad. It really reaffirms my theories on being skeptical of these decorating mags. But I still love them anyway.... =)

      Delete