Friday, September 30, 2011

Favorite Fridays....Road Trips!

Sometimes people are amazed at the amount of driving our family does. The hubby and I don't mind driving several hours in one day to reach a new antique mall. We actually love road trips! We have taken several big ones.....last year we drove to Niagara Falls....a few years before that we drove to South Carolina....and we have even driven all the way to Alabama during "The World's Largest Yard Sale."

Yesterday, I decided to put my road trip skills to the test and take Little Mister on a mini road trip. We drove all the way to Waukesha (about 1.25 hrs from our house in good traffic) in the hopes of thrifting at the new St. Vinny's that just opened up there. This was probably the first time I have taken him by myself on a longer car ride somewhere.

Our GPS does not compute these weird WI address', i.e. N20 W21456 Bluemound Rd. It won't allow me to add the letters in the house number. I just winged it and put in the nearest intersection within the town. When we got to that point I still couldn't find the St.Vincent...but we did end up seeing a great antique mall along the way!!!

Antiques and Uniques Mall
Little Mister and "Daddy's Truck"
It was a GREAT little antique mall! The first few booths were decorated with themes, which was appealing. I found a little something for the hubby and some lace for reselling.

My favorite booth there
On our way out the weather turned nasty and we just made it back into the car before heavy rain and hail started to come down. The lady at the mall had given us directions to the nearest Goodwill and we were only a few miles away. It was HUGE Goodwill. Pretty darn nice too. We found a few things and were back on our way.

Yay for the size of this St. Vinny's!!
And, we did finally find St.Vinny's. IT WAS HUGE...nice and clean and the prices were very reasonable for many items. I was so happy we made the trip, but by the time we got home 5+ hours later I was exhausted. I might make this trip once a month....just to be on the road and have fun thrifting!

1 comment:

  1. love it! wish you were down here for our flea market saturdays! xoxox miss you!

    ReplyDelete